The festival of lights means religious events and meals with family. To dazzle this Diwali try something you haven’t tried before. This season display a perfect juxtaposition of beautiful and bizarre. Here are five tips to deck up for this Diwali by jewellery designer Aakash Barmecha of Yoube Jewellery:
1) Look festive without dressing too heavy. Keep it modern with simple accessories or wear just one statement piece. Cult favourite jewellery like diamond or jaded jhumkis, chaand balis, balas, Kadas or pendants are great options.
2) If your outfit is inclined more towards an indo-western look, fusion jewellery works well, a mix and match of diamond, polki and jadau jewellery with bright colourful gemstones.
3) Wear print! A digital print dupatta with a plain dress or digital print kurti teamed with pretty hoops, balas, kadas or a pretty pair of bangles lend a completely modern, trendy look.
4) Palazzo pants are seen frequently and can also add a bit of style teamed with the right top, add a single earring or wrist cuff to create a unique distinct look this Diwali.
5) Go for bold statement pieces. Illusion setting lends a big look to jewellery pieces while keeping the budget in check. Floral motifs are really in and look both gorgeous and feminine. Keep in mind your outfit, it is not necessary to match everything perfectly, so try something unique and distinctive. Rose gold looks lovely with most ensembles, though you could also pick up a dual tone. Seek out a different designer this year, or try something you haven’t tried before. And most of all, make sure you let your personality shine through.
Store Address: Yoube Jewellery – 2nd Floor, Krishna House, Raghuvanshi Mills Compound, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 400 013. Tel: +91 22 61201900